We are currently looking to hire a career-minded candidate for the position of Line Cook.
Must have short order and sauté station expertise. Restaurant experience is required for this position. Duties will include, but not limited to; station set up, maintaining cleanliness, running food to the FOH, station break down, and dishwashing. Must be able to multi-task and be detailed orientated. Knowledge and experience with breakfast and lunch items, such as omelets, scrambles, breakfast burritos, and sandwiches is preferred. Must be have a California food handler card from an accredited source.
• Understands, reads, and executes the production schedule;
• Supervise staff and delegate duties when necessary;
• Ensures appropriate health and safety standards and Food Handler practices;
• Equipment performance monitoring, may demonstrate use of new equipment;
• Inventory management;
• Ability to butcher meats from primal to usable portions with the highest yield possible;
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using standardized recipes for cooking in ovens, grills, pans and a variety of other kitchen equipment;
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served;
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures;
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period;
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications;
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment;
• Prepares item for grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating;
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes;
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly;
• Completes required tasks within assigned time frames;
• Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around the establishment and help with any other projects as assigned by the Chef;
• If a meal is returned for any reason, correct the problem and report the return to the Chef;
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement;
• Fluent in spoken and written English;
• 1-2 years line cook experience;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen effectively;
• Valid ServSafe certification;
• Must be able to lift at least 50lbs;
• Ability to operate machinery including but not limited to; mixers, blenders, slicers, toasters, ovens, proofers, sandwich presses, and microwaves;
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please apply today!
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.