- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Our staff is committed to doing everything the right way, which is why we make our barbeque sauce from scratch and adhere to a ‘round the clock’ smoking schedule.
We’re looking for a Host/Hostess to join our team. We work hard to look this casual. Step into Midwood Smokehouse and let the hickory wood smoke lead the way to one of the simple rustic tables or large wooden booths. On each table, a roll of paper towels awaits in anticipation of the finger-licking array soon to hit the table.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Happily welcome and greet guests upon arrival
- Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them
- Know regulars by name; know their preferences and needs
- When on a wait, record guest’s name and number of people in party, provide guests with estimated waiting time, and seat them as soon as possible when a table becomes available
- Seat guests based on guest preferences while balancing guest flow
- Present guests with a menu when they are seated, and ensure the table looks great and is up to standards
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return
You Need to be:
- Someone with guest service experience, excellent English communication skills, and a working knowledge of computers.
- In our busy environment it is important that you are able to stand for long periods of time, and if needed can lift up to 25 pounds.
- Teamwork, the desire to give great service, and a fantastic personality round out our ideal candidate.
We appreciate great talent. We provide great earnings potential, fun incentives, and regular opportunities for growth. Add to all that a 50% restaurant discount at all our FS Food Group concepts and as an extra bonus, you get to feel like a kid while you’re at work. Sound good? Apply below!
Craft. Commitment. ‘Cue’
Midwood Smokehouse is where the neighborhood gets their barbecue fix. Here, we burn hickory wood 24 hours a day, seven days a week to bring our customers the barbecue they crave. Our Pitmasters have been to the promised lands (that is, Texas, Kansas City and the Carolinas) to hone the art and craft of real barbecue. We set our standards high and cook our meats low and slow.