- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Be a part of a hot, new and highly anticipated restaurant opening in West Hollywood, CA!!
Job Type: Hourly (based on experience, plus tips)
Preferred Experience: 1+ year
A Host is the first and last point of contact for each guest that will set foot in our space. Genuine warmth and a friendly/warm disposition is a MUST! A positive and lively personality as well as a polished appearance are essential.
- Reliable and dependable transportation
- Team player, self motivated, attention to detail
- Proactivity is a must
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effective under pressure
- “Can do” attitude
- Ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience as a host/hostess and knowledge of Open Table/Seven Rooms is a PLUS!
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Confirm and take reservations in person and over the phone in a consistent manner that follows our specific reservations guidelines
- Retrieve messages and return phone calls in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Understanding both of our reservations platforms
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Seating guests and communication of notes, VIPs, etc to server, manager, and kitchen
- Communicating with guests on a waitlist and keeping them notified of duration of wait, but also communicating with management of any concerns
- Being able to recognize VIPs and key people in their industries+ their unique needs, and communicating this to management and server
- Adhere to our grooming and dress guidelines
- Support other team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.