Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant - Full Time
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Under general supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor, the housekeeping/laundry attendant performs a variety of cleaning and or laundry tasks in an assigned area. The responsibilities include full service cleaning and or laundry services as designated. This may include inside and outside of buildings. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
Practical knowledge of the practices and procedures in housekeeping. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff and residents. The Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill and/or disabled persons.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Performs full spectrum of housekeeping duties in patient/resident room to include but not limited to: Sweeps, vacuums and/or mops rooms, baths, restrooms, stairways, walks, corridors, laboratories, offices, laundries, offices, and other areas, washes walls, ceilings, windows, mirrors, light fixtures, furniture, and air vents, removes spots and stains from carpets and cleans carpets with various types of carpet cleaning equipment, dusts, mops, and waxes floors, empties trash, washes windows, mirrors and defrosts refrigerators and changes filters.
- Performs full spectrum of laundry duties to include but not limited to: pick up soiled clothing and linens, sorts clothing and linens according to color and material, washes, dries, folds and hangs clothing and linens,
- Delivers clean clothing and linens to residents.
- Maintains washers and dryers lint screens to be cleaned before each use.
- Performs all work according to up to date infection control procedures.
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen.
- May assist in moving of furniture and room set ups.
- Perform carpet and upholstery cleaning and repairs as required.
- Required to operate and maintain all mechanical and other cleaning equipment, in good working order and adjustment and properly stored.
- Evening and/or weekend shifts and duties may be required.
- Removes, cleans and rehangs draperies and other curtains as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.