- $20.00 - $22.00 Hourly
- Full Time
Assists the General Manager in the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation. • Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times in compliance with Black Bear Diner standards
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Perform regular scheduled Inventory counts and generate reports, as well as spot Inventory checks as may be required by General Manager.
- Assure neat and orderly inventory shelves though out the restaurant facility.
- Follow General Manager’s instruction on employment and termination decisions.
- Fill in where needed at FOH to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Fill in where needed at BOH to ensure food standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Under direction of General Manager, ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Assist General Manager to anticipate business activity and help ensure that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Knowledge of Health Department requirements for the food service industry in California.
- Knowledge of Human Resources and Employment Laws and Regulations in California and within the municipalities of our specific restaurants.
- Assure that all Daily Reports are completed.
Ensure that facility is kept clean inside and outside of the restaurant through personal inspection, and that all signage, artwork and lights are working and in excellent condition.
3-4 years of management experience at a fast casual restaurant
Minimum High school Graduate
Our Bear-ific Culture
The spirit and integrity of our brand starts with our staff. That’s why we only hire the beary best.
Our employees are:
- Self-motivated, with a competitive spirit that inspires others.
- Customer-focused and consistently driven to provide quality service.
- Energetic multi-taskers, who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Professionalin personal appearance and attitude.
- Friendly team players, ready to lend a hand whenever and wherever it’s needed.
- Skilled, with previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Perfectly happywith all the bear puns they’re subjected to.
If this type of engaging culture excites you, we encourage you to apply today!