HOTEL MANAGER (HOUSEMASTER) | PALIHOTEL MELROSE
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Palihotel is a boutique hotel offering 30 contemporary guest rooms, lobby lounge, and the acclaimed The Hart and The Hunter Restaurant. Palihotel is located in the heart of the Melrose Shopping District, a vibrant and dynamic area known as one of Los Angeles' most popular and trendsetting destinations for entertainment, dining and shopping.
The Housemaster is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the hotel and restaurant. The ideal candidate will increase operational efficiency, be a leader through engagement and development of colleagues, and act as an ambassador of the brand.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications.
The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. This position requires variations in shifts, days, starting times, and hours worked per week.
HOUSEMASTER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all operational functions of the hotel.
• Hold regularly scheduled meetings with staff.
• Ensure full compliance of Hotel and Restaurant operating controls, SOP's, policies, procedures and service standards.
• Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
• Handle complaints and oversee service recovery procedures.
• Manage profitability of the hotel to ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded.
• Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
• Set budget goals as well as other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
• Develop improvement actions and carry out cost savings.
• Monitor daily business reports and take action accordingly.
• Assist in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment.
• Manage third-party vendor relationships for essential equipment and services.
• Hire key staff members
• Coordinating with staff for all activities and functions.
• Management of all on-property staff.
• Be accountable for responsibilities of staff and take ownership of all guest complaints.
• Provide effective leadership to team members.
• Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hospitality professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed including weekends, holidays, and nights.
• 3 to 5 years of experience as a Front Office / Guest Service / Rooms Manager or Asst. Manager.
We are an EEOE Employer
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.