LEAD LINE COOK
- $15.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
"Good people drink good beer"
We are looking for a professional line cook to take a lead role. They will prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and business goals. Must be available to work day shifts.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Managing Kitchen staff when Chef is not available
- Receive daily orders from for all food outlets
- Train, lead and mentor line cooks, prep cooks and dishwashers.
- Communicates effectively to ensure timely preparation of orders
- Maintains an exceptionally clean and organized station
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, minimum 2 years.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Follow specific plating desired by the chef or the standards provided by the restaurant.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Food Handlers Card
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All job offers are contingent of a successful background screening
The Stalking Horse is a British-Style Pub with a dark and classy feel. It offers a mix of indoor and outdoor seating and houses a seven-barrel brewing system to brew our beers on site. The food offerings are inspired by traditioanal pub dishes with many of them being vegan friendly.