Sales, Catering Assistant
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
Performs all duties of secretarial nature, including taking dictation, transcribing, typing, word-processing, making telephone and facsimile contacts, preparing correspondence and reports, an compiling data and statistics. Performs special assignments as required.
1. Takes dictation and transcribes stenographic notes of correspondence, reports and conferences. Prepares and types documents in draft and final form, including contracts, correspondence, forms, reports, charts and graphs. Assures correctness or work relevant to grammar, composition, spelling and format.
2. Contacts managerial and staff personnel for collection of data statistics, and reports. Performs follow-up work for reports and special projects.
3. Place, receive and screen telephone calls for Sales department using correct telephone etiquette and inquiry formats and scripts.
4. Establishes and maintains Sales Department records, correspondence, reports and other documents in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures. Includes proper tracking of files form different market segments; such as SMERF, Corporate, Travel Industry, Government/Military, etc.; the use of geographical and master accuracy of current files, and purging files no longer necessary.
5. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understand principals relating to the product you are doing.
- Organize your own activities to make the best use of your time and effort.
- Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers or sellers, to discuss features of the products or services involved and convince the other person or both knowledge and integrity.
- Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to the customer.
- Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and seller.
- Keep accurate records of contracts, sales and purchases.
- Master the skills of scheduling, attention to detail, Microsoft Office, email, Data Entry, Office Management, Coordination, etc.
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., preferred, or an equivalent level of education and experience.