- $0.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
At Papa John's, our Delivery Drivers are more than just employees. We promote from within, so you are a valuable asset with lots of future potential for growth!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pre-delivery vehicle preparation, learning the delivery area, checking orders for quality and accuracy, following proper delivery procedures,
- Perform other assigned workstation duties including taking phone orders and making quality products by working the pizza cutting station and the pizza topping station.
- Execute cash management duties.
- Distributing door hangers during every shift.
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, and walk-in cooler.
- Provide a high level of customer service through positive and professional interaction with customers in person or by phone, and acting with a sense of urgency in everything they do.
- Accurately use the POS System, process cash, check and/or credit card transactions. Support sales efforts by suggestively selling to increase the check average when taking an order.
- Work as part of a team and assist other team members by being on time for their shift; supporting other workstations during their shift, including cleaning, for example sweeping mopping wiping counters; and completing all opening, shift change, and closing duties, including shift cleaning.
- Maintaining organized, safe, and clean work areas; comply with safety and security standards and procedures at all times.
- Comply with uniform and appearance standards.
- Complete all training modules that relate to this position.
- Comply with Team Member Handbook, and with federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Train new Delivery Drivers in all applicable training
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to:
- Use hands repetitively
- Stand for prolonged periods
- Walk long distances and climb stairs,
- Grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly with hands, and use fine finger dexterity.
- The team member is frequently required to bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down, push or pull, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally, the team member is required to sit, climb, balance, push and/or pull, and lift and/or move over 51 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to work:
- In various temperatures
- In a noisy environment
- Near moving mechanical parts
- With dangerous equipment, sharp tools, or hot temperatures, and around fumes, odors, dust, or toxic chemicals.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license under the laws of the state(s) where the team member works for at least six months, acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of insurance, and satisfactory vehicle.
- Safely and legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to drive during all times of the day or night, and may be required to drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Must possess navigational skills, including read a map, locating addresses, and navigating adverse terrain, including multi-story buildings.
- If this team member will work more than 30 hours per week, must be able to have flexibility to work all shifts, including open, close and middle, or split shifts.
- Must possess ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator.) Must be able to make correct monetary change.
- May be required to work long hours, days, nights, or weekends, scheduled or unscheduled, or split shifts.
- Criminal background check may be required.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work with team to accomplish team objectives.
- Must be customer-focused with excellent customer-service skills.
- Must be able to independently handle any customer concern with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to deal well with frequent task changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess ability to verbally communicate effectively and clearly, actively listen, and respond effectively to questions.
- Must possess ability to comprehend written instructions.
- Must be complete on any government-required certifications.
- Must be able to work with phones, computers, fax machines and copiers.
- Bilingual in certain markets.
- Must be able to comply with uniform and appearance standards.
Exciting things are happening at Papa John and our career experience just keeps getting Better! At Papa John’s we consider all of our Team Members to be more than just employees. We care about you and your development. In fact, most of our promotions come from within! So become a part of the Papa John’s family and join us as a Team Member!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.