Bilingual Talent Acquisition & Development Coordinator (Entry-Level)
- $15.75 - $16.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources. This position requires mid to advanced Spanish speaking, reading and writing skills. The key role of the Talent Acquisition and Development Coordinator is to identify, hire, onboard, train and develop new and existing staff members. This will be done through implementing and overseeing training programs designed to sustain a level of exceptional and consistent guest service, safety, employee engagement and overall effectiveness throughout the hotel. This role also has an emphasis on assisting to create a culture of employee satisfaction by communication and engagement events. The Talent Acquisition and Development Coordinator is to remain current and well informed of all guest feedback to clearly assess and identify areas of improvement to develop and implement necessary training programs in all hotel departments.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the hotel’s hiring and onboarding/staff development process.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation process.
- Develop, implement, oversee and conduct training programs within the hotel.
- Identify, create and develop training materials according to the intended audience (adult learning principles).
- Organize and conduct on-going trainings to staff members to promote and ensure safety, engagement and guest satisfaction.
- Assist and monitor the hotel’s performance management process.
- Develop and plan employee engagement events to assist in the overall satisfaction of our employees.
- Promote and inform staff members of upcoming training programs and engagement events.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent guest service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Help associates identify specific behaviors that will contribute to excellent guest service.
- Use effective training methods to ensure associates have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
- Observe service behaviors of associates and provide effective and appropriate feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Monitor enrollment and attendance of training classes & sessions.
- Partner with managers to assess if associates demonstrate effective technical, service and/or leadership skills. Identify performance gaps to work with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
- Review guest satisfaction results through SALT, online reviews and other data to identify areas of improvement opportunities.
- Measure transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
- Ensure all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Monitor work card compliance (Driver’s License, Food Handlers, TIPS, etc.)
- Maintain the property communications for all levels of employee – newsletters, boards and postings.
- Assist with other Human Resource and administrative tasks as needed.
- Open and proactively manage requisitions for job openings.
- Oversees the job requisition process for all departments.
- Conducts initial phone-screenings and interviews. May process offers to line-level candidates once approved by HR Director/GM.
- Partner with agencies to provide the right balance of labor during peak season.
- Reach out to agency partners for recruitment according to business needs.
- Initiate the temp-to-hire conversion process for contracted labor approaching their completed hours benchmark.
- Coordinate recruiting events such as job fairs and mass-postings using a variety of different resources and methods.
- Respond to candidate communication and concerns.
- Conduct verification of employment.
- Collaborate with hiring managers in creating personalized on-boarding agendas and onboarding plans.
- Conduct onboarding interviews to assess the introductory period for new hires.
- Assist in collecting, distributing, and archiving approved time cards for temporary workers.
- Serve as the liaison between operations and staffing agencies to request coaching, end assignments, and/or notify intentions of conversion.
- Track temp worker’s hours to participate to initiative the conversion process.
- Work in conjunction with the HR Director to prepare all necessary documentation for transfers, promotions, raises, and development processes for all positions.
- Adhere to confidentiality and recruitment procedures according to EEO and other recruiting laws.
- Conduct new hire orientation presentation to assure appropriate beginning of new hire training and onboarding process.
- Collect signatures and explain the onboarding paperwork.
- Coordinate and schedule the initial training program (shadowing, buddy system, etc.) in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Must be comfortable delivering orientation content in Spanish when needed.
- Monitor, document, and audit execution of training through surveys and observation.
- Communicate policy and procedures to new hires concerning FMLA, personal time off, worker’s compensation, etc.
- Communicate all company, safety, and security policies (e.g., parking spaces, property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, hygiene).
- Ensure that the necessary protective clothing equipment and devices are provided during orientation.
- Coordinate with the Training and Development Manager/ Organizational Development Manager to schedule and set up reoccurring notifications for introductory performance evaluations (30,60,90 new hire day evaluations).
Engagement and Retention
- Foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and vision of the company.
- Work with HR management team to schedule conferences or round table sessions with employees.
- Function as a designated scribe during meetings or conferences and summarize action items for documentation purposes.
- Conduct new hire surveys and debrief feedback to management.
- Assist in planning, purchasing, and setting up employee engagement functions.
- Collaborate in conducting monthly internal audits (I-9’s, W4’s, Employee Personnel Files, and Notices of Employment).
- Post requested open positions in social media platforms, Workpop, ADP and internal bulletin boards as needed.
- Provide administrative assistance in filling recruitment logs that gather recruiting metrics that will aid the department in identifying current and future talent needs or challenges.
- Maintain meeting records and attendance logs.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Equivalent experience in a related position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both in English and Spanish).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and able to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to deal effectively with all applicants and associates, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Must maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare office memorandum and correspondence as well as provide clear and meaningful instructions, guidance and counseling to all associates.
- Must be proficient and comfortable initiating phone screenings, interviews and offering positions in Spanish.
- Must be proficient at writing legally-binding documents including offer letters or any other material for recruitment, onboarding, and/or orientation.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to human resources matters.
- Ability to observe associates in the work place, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as associate performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale.
- Communications: 1 year (Required)
- Training & Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Presentation Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with associates, department heads and executive leaders
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting result, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, ad variances are utilized frequently.
- May be required to work night, weekends, and/or holidays and extended hours
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Walking for extended periods of time
- Sitting for extended periods of time
Embassy Suites Arcadia is a 191-room hotel with Food and Beverage operations. Our renovations are almost complete! Come experience our new suites and adjacent areas for a refreshed new look!
WCG offers many benefits including**:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off Sellback (Yes! You can sell us your unused PTO)
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) & Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- 401(k)/Roth IRA with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible schedule as allowed by duties/responsibilities
- Hotel Discounts (Hilton Team Member Travel Program) - up to 30 room nights at $35+ per year around the globe!
- LifeMart Discounts
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.
*Positions are not guaranteed to remain open for any certain period of time. Status of full/part time or on-call may change without notice **Benefits can stop/change at any time with or without notice