Opening Training Manager
- $42K - $47K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Opening Training Manager is the key contact for the organization and implementation of all company/franchise restaurant openings. The Opening Training Manager is also responsible for the production of all necessary trainingmaterials/job aids required for an opening. This position identifies and assembles the best team of Certified Trainers to conduct an aggressive, effective, energizing opening training program. They will work with the training team and restaurant opening managers to ensure all new hires are trained to the Newk’s standard. They will also ensure that the management team is following all Newk’s SOP’s during the restaurant opening. They should serve as a liaison between the Opening Restaurant and NFC to keep all parties apprised of opening activities, needs or obstacles until the training team leaves opening week. During restaurant openings, the Opening Training Manager role-models, and holds the opening training team accountable to, the behaviors that represent the Newk’s Philosophy for Service and the Beliefs.
Aside from the responsibilities for restaurant openings, this position will also assist with the development and certification of Newk’s Eatery Certified Trainers. They will work out of the local Newk’s restaurants when not on an opening and assist the Regional Training Manager with MIT development. This position will play an instrumental role in the development or enhancement of Newk’s Restaurant Training programs and projects. It should be expected that the openings will not always follow a consistent pattern and time should be planned accordingly to include helping with projects for the training department or helping in operations.
- All activities involved with opening a successful Newk’s Eatery
- Pre-Opening planning (45/30 day calls, tracking MIT completion, tracking hiring pars during hiring weeks)
- Assembles the training teams needed for each new restaurant opening and communicates travel arrangements for the opening team
- Manage and develop Certified Trainers before and during new restaurant openings
- Identify and develop 2-4 lead trainers for new restaurant openings
- Ensures the opening training team represents and adheres to the trainer “Code of the Road” inside and outside of the new restaurant – including the hotel where the team is staying during the opening, and within the community
- Manages required training materials, equipment and job aids
- Responsible for building and reconciling a budget for every new restaurant opening
- Ensures budgetary labor guidelines being met for Certified Trainer hours during training and opening week
- Verifies that all drivers have proper insurance and valid driver’s license prior to travel for openings
- Will need to obtain a class D drivers license to drive the Newk’s Food Truck to restaurant openings when applicable
- Will assist the Regional Training Manager with maintaining the Newk’s Food Truck
- Completes all administrative tasks during the opening training process (daily update calls, email survey results, building and team pictures, schedules posted and that all required management functions are being completed)
- Completes all training functions during a new restaurant opening (including but not limited to classroom/station training, menu testing, prep training, overall restaurant organization)
- Required 2+ years of Restaurant Management experience
- Traveling requirements can be greater than 75%
- Required to graduate Newk’s MIT Training program
- Schedule flexibility to adjust to business needs; longer hours required during new restaurant openings
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Professional, personable, energetic demeanor
- Available to travel for extended periods
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization (Entry level to Executive)
- Ability to think on feet during challenges in the training environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey details in person or in writing
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work with minimal supervision
- Superior level of organization, attention to detail, and follow through
- Thrive under pressure and enjoy a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment
- Dexterity and ability to lift 25 pounds.
Intermediate to advanced working experience w/ Microsoft Office; including knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word software programs.
Our commitment to quality ingredients and customer service begins with every team member. If you’re looking for an exciting career in a passionate environment, you’ve come to the right place. Our success relies on happy guests. Exceptional customer service has been our foundation since day one, and it only grows in importance as Newk’s grows in size.