Case Management Specialist - San Antonio Housing Authority
- $18.50 - $19.50 Hourly
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The case Management Specialist is a non-supervisory position that performs administrative and case management of considerable difficulty related to the assessment and delivery of quality of life resources to improve the life of the elderly and disabled Public Housing residents by assisting them in maintaining their independence and the ability to age in place
Essential Duties and Responsibililies:
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed. These essential functions require presence in the marketplace on a regular basis and regular attendance must be maintained.
- Meet with residents to assess their physical, social and economic conditions, to develop "Service Plans' and 1dentify resources that will assist the residents in improving their lives. Monitors plans to track resident progress towards meeting goals.
- Meet the community agencies to 1dentify resources and or partnerships that will be essential in assisting residents needs as identified in "Service Plan.'"
- May drive a passenger van to transport residents and I or helps obtain transportation for residents when necessary, such as VIA, Handi-Llfl and the like.
- Arrange transportation as needed for residents to attend various functions.
- Provide administrative support !o programs provided at assigned properties to include City Nutntion Program and Resident Councils.
- Assure residents are made aware of all services, activities and other pertinent information by creating newsletters, informational meetings, and door-lo-door contact.
- Collects and compiles information in order to generate various statistical and narrative reports which will follow a standard format.
- Coordinate vartous meetings, which provide residents rith important infom,ation on safely, general health, insurance and other important issues.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Housing Authority operations
- Advises Community Manager and communicates with the Security Department regarding possible trouble areas and monitors the work of security officers by reviewing security records
- Conducts tours of the respective housing developments in the absence of the Community Manager
- Responsible for assisting in the management communities with a minimum of 300 residents. May be temporarily assigned to fill other vacant manager positions as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Communicates rith the resident association on various issues including maintenance and improvement piorities and changes in rules and regulations.
- Refers local leaders and interest groups to the Public Affairs & Communications Department and provides information to the local media on development of activities and problems.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience working in property management
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or
- 1 to 2 years of related experience in property management or public housing
License and Certifications:
- Texas Class "C' driver's license at the time ot placement and be insurable by the Housrng Autholity's liability and fieet insurance
- Must complete certification as a Certified Apartment Manager within first year of employment
- Mustt have the ability to earn certifications as required by assigned tasks ieFair Housing, Reasonable Accommodation, etc..
To pertorm this job successfully, the employee should have:
- Understands the Mission, Vision, and values of the agency, and directs work within these guiding principles and operational framevw:irk.
- Understanding of financial and budgetary concerns
- Fam1l1ar with Fair Housing Act
- Interpersonal skills using tact, diplomacy, patience and professionalism
- Filing and record keeping system, including document imaging..
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Math calculation
- Work cooperatively, harmoniously and respectfully with co-workers, supervisors. public and residents
- Perform a variety of cJerical duties involving typing, filing and maintaining records or reports in support of a special program or department function.
- Handle multiples tasks and priorities with ease
- Deal with a variety of diverse people
- Effectively plan and organize
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Operate a computer, enter data, maintain records and generate reports using Word and Excel.
- Perform data entry efficiently and quickly
- Meet schedules and work respectfully and courteously wilh Staff, residents and the general public