- $14.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Eaton DC is located in the heart of downtown at 1201 K Street NW, Washington, DC, 20005. Upon opening, Eaton DC will have 209 hotel rooms, a live radio station, a 50-person cinema, a wellness center with yoga, meditation and alternative treatments, large event space, rotating art exhibits and a co-working members club, in addition to its beverage and dining offerings. For more information and to join the Eaton Workshop community for exclusive opening news, please visit Eaton Workshop’s website at http://eatonworkshop.com/.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States. To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.
The utility will wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment, and keep the dish-room and equipment clean and organized. The utility will also maintain the kitchen clean and safe for all staff members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods.
- Load, run and unload the dish machine.
- Keep the dishwashing area and dish machine clean and report any functional/mechanical problems immediately.
- Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Sort and rinse dirty items and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean items. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bag and haul dish room trash to dumpster at designed times.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments.
- To follow Standards of Service and all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- One (1) years of experience as Utility/Dishwasher.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic directions in English.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Commitment to quality service.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- Generally, in an indoor setting.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Frequently exposed to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.