F&B Asst Manager - Lobby Bar/Pool
- $48K - $50K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Position Purpose: This position is concerned with assisting to manage the F&B operation of the Pool/Lobby Bar as a successful operating center ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and financial viability, all within accordance with Company established standards.
Essential Job Functions:
Overall Operational Duties
• Assist to maximize revenues, profitability and control costs of the operations.
• Ensure effective operations of applicable food and beverage venues at all times.
• Assist with hiring and development of the food & beverage personnel.
• Implement, maintain and enforce all company & departmental policies and procedures as well as standards of quality and performance.
• Continue to raise the quality of service in the food and beverage outlets.
• Assist with booking and serving all private parties in the restaurant.
• Maintain and ensure proper menus are present in all outlets at all times.
• Ensure state licensing/certification of food and beverage handlers.
• Conduct performance appraisals and counsel/discipline staff as appropriate.
• Maintain Safety and Health regulations.
• Assist in executing the hotel’s property amenities & marketing programs.
• Excellent communication, guest service and team building skills.
• Develop working relationships with other departments to work for the betterment of the hotel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ensures that operating standards are met and ensures that the established service sequence is adhered to
• Has thorough menu and F&B product knowledge
• Handles guest inquiries and complaints
• Maintains a high profile in the operation
• Has complete knowledge of all duties and responsibilities of each job position reporting to them
• Effectively communicates and disseminates information to employees
• Sets up and maintains displays and Point of Sales
• Conducts daily walk through of the area of responsibility
• Conducts daily pre-shift meetings
• On going communication with the chef; maintains open and effective front of house and back of house relations
• Completes and maintains log books
• Manages sanitary conditions and cleaning.
• Provides leadership and sets the examples
• Mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statement.
• Ability to work majority of shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen areas.
• Suggests ideas to the F&B Director for discussion and implementation
• Assists with organization of special events and promotions as requested
• Carries out monthly inventories of beverage and operating equipment.
• Assists to conduct performance evaluations of F&B staff
• Helps to ensure that each staff member is sufficiently trained to meet all standards
• Documents and records staff coach and counseling and training
• Attends meetings and training as directed
• Responds to service requests as needed
• Monitors guest satisfaction
• Carry out any requests by upper management in conjunction with work
• To ensure that all employees provide courteous and professional service at all times.
• Maintains a positive and outgoing attitude on the job.
• To maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
• To have a complete understanding of the Hotel’s/Company’s employee handbook and to adhere to its’ rules and regulations.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times by adhering to the Grooming Policy.
• At least one year of F&B management/supervisory experience, preferably in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
• Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients
• Comprehensive knowledge of all spirits to include small batch vodka, gin, bourbon, whiskey, tequila, aperitifs, cordials, and Scottish whiskey.
• Comprehensive knowledge of beer to include production, styles, and California microbrews.
• Comprehensive knowledge of wine to include varietals, pairings, regions and language.
• Able to read, write and speak in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
• Working knowledge of Micros, Open Table, and Microsoft Office suite.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Director of Food and Beverage
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
Welcome to The Garland – it’s what you’ve been waiting for.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account and 401K. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!
Check us out at www.thegarland.com
Follow us on Instagram @garlandcareers