- $45K - $55K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Must have the ability to build an inspiring culture, be a community leader and love to engage, interact with and develop people. We are looking for a results driven general manager to be responsible for the overall store experience. Within the scope of this position, contribute to the company’s position as national leader in specialty running stores that build thriving running communities. Accountable for the general management of Fleet Feet Nashville (all locations) and ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resource management, and managing operating costs.
- Actively participate in employee development and engagement by using tools such as on-the-job training, performance metrics and systematic performance reviews.
- Act as a leader in customer engagement and education as it related to proper fit, product usage, and injury treatment and prevention.
- Build and maintain store staff through recruiting and selecting qualified associates; orient and train staff on fit, customer engagement and sales techniques.
- Utilize coaching, counseling, and corrective action techniques to enhance employee performance.
- Proactively respond to customer and employee questions and issues in a timely, professional manner.
- Work to continuously build a strong customer base by designing and implementing store events and programs; identifying marketing and promotional opportunities.
- Act as a community leader and resource as it relates to maintaining an active lifestyle and health and wellness.
- Maintain professional and technical working knowledge through attending educational workshops, both Company sponsored and non-Company sponsored, review publications, establish and maintain personal networks, and participate in professional societies as it relates to the Company’s mission.
- Create or oversee the creation of employee schedules to ensure adequate coverage for store operations based on day to day sales volumes.
- Market or delegate marketing tasks, using advertising, sales promotion, space and floor planning; utilize forecasting to ensure sales, stock holding, margin and availability is optimized.
- Oversee merchandising activities, outlining sales promotions, authorizing clearance sale and studying trends.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the Company by complying with state and federal legal requirements including; equal employment opportunity, minimum wage, meal periods, and safety obligations.
- Other duties as required and directed by the store owner to ensure legal compliance and the continued success of the Fleet Feet brand. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
Report to Store Owner; Supervise and manage all Fleet Feet Nashville employees – primarily Support Staff and Retail Experience Managers in each store.
3+ years of retail leadership, preferred. Minimum of one (1) year experience working as a Fleet Feet Sports store associate, preferred. Proven results in providing the Fleet Feet customer experience, daily store operations, training and managing employees, customer acquisition and retention, effective marketing techniques and strategies, financial and inventory management, and purchasing, or similar experience. The ideal candidate will be a hardworking entrepreneur and see problems as opportunities. Must have the ability to build an inspiring culture, be a community leader and love to engage and interact with people.
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.