A DME Sales Representative (Inside Sales) is responsible for driving DME supply sales through inbound and outbound phone calls from new and existing accounts. The DME Sales Representative educates patients on the importance of maintaining and continuing their prescriptive PAP treatment by facilitating an ongoing resupply schedule, which helps maximize their treatment to maintain compliance. A rewarding position with the opportunity of helping patients achieve a better quality of life.
- Contacting and arranging for patients to receive supplies on an ongoing basis.
- Answer technical and logistical questions.
- Selling patients on the value of PAP therapy and the resupply program.
- Upsell patients on items that will improve their PAP therapy experience.
- Confirm accuracy of patient’s demographic and medical information.
- Communicate patient and insurance billing process to ensure that patient understands his/her financial responsibility.
- Collect payment or make payment arrangements.
- Responsible for high volume of patient tasks and regular documented follow up to ensure high supply orders to meet monthly goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Inside sales experience. Prior DME or sleep lab experience a plus.
- Experience with various insurance plans (HMO, PPO)
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Highly self-motivated, assertive, energetic and quota driven.
- Able to interact and communicate in a positive fashion at all levels of the organization.
- Availability to anticipate and overcome objections. Comfortable up selling.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of medical terminology, medical insurances and physician office processes/protocol.
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
Base + Commission, overall earnings in the range of $15.00 - $25.00 per hour.