- $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Produce and be responsible for the Empanada production in the restauarants.
- Create specials approved by the Executive Chef and Owner.
- Active Food Handlers Card required.
- 5 or more years experience in pastry kitchens.
- Determine recipes and ingredients as needed for production of empanadas.
- Assist in the order of ingredients and baking supplies.
- Oversee and create all empanadas including daily specials for all restaurants.
- Supervise and train all baking dept. personnel.
- Determine empanada menu in conjunction with Executive Chef.
- Must work in a clean, well-organized manner.
- Track and record inventory of product used and their food cost values distributed and assigned to the respective restaurant where used.
- Adhere to safety and cleanliness standards of the kitchen and make sure standards are maintained in all locations.
- Accountable for cost control by following recipes and time standards.
- Create and provide standard recipe book of all regularly prepared dessert items offered in the restaurants.
- Research and test new empanada recipes to ensure customers have an exceptional dining experience.
- Ability to work well with Executive Chef and Chef d Cuisine/Kitchen Manager.
- Ability to maintain calm and pleasant under stressful situations.
- Excellent knife skills and empanadas rolling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow workers especially in the kitchen environment.
- Commitment to quality service.
- Understanding of flavor pairings/tastes and creating artistic plate presentations.
- Self-motivated and possessing organization skills of the highest quality.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 15% off health club membership
- Sick pay
For more than 22 years, Chef Lisa Dahl has pioneered the culinary scene in Sedona, Ariz. as the executive chef and owner of four amazing restaurants in Northern Arizona's red rock country. Dahl & Di Luca Ristorante Italiano, Cucina Rustica, Pisa Lisa and the newest, most buzzed-about addition, Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill have earned international acclaim.
Dahl was the first to introduce fine dining to the small town of Sedona in the late ‘90s, and she remains the largest restaurateur in the area with accolades spanning the culinary spectrum. In recent years, she is widely credited for Sedona's emergence as a national "foodie destination." Along with being a self-taught chef and successful restaurateur, Dahl is also a best-selling cookbook author and designer, having designed the interiors of each of her restaurants.
She lives by her mantra, “when you cook with love, you feed the soul” and believes that flavors should never be overworked, food should speak for itself and only the best ingredients should prevail.
After shedding her life in the Bay Area and a career in the fashion industry following a family tragedy and the loss of her son Justin, Dahl sought healing and moved to Sedona, a town famous for its healing powers, spiritual energy, and fabled vortexes. Once there, she unearthed a passion for cooking, one she and Justin shared, and a new-found love of fostering memorable dining experiences with simple, fresh and uncomplicated dishes as the centerpiece.
Today, Dahl Restaurant Group welcomes more than 400,000 guests per year across all four restaurants and employs close to 250 people, many of whom have been with the company for 15 years.
Dahl has been a twice featured chef at the James Beard House in New York City. She has sold more than 16,000 copies of her award-winning cookbook, The Elixir of Life. Most recently she beat Arizona's top male chefs for the title of "Burger Battle Champion" in Scottsdale, Ariz., thus qualifying for the 2018 World Food Championships reprising her 2016 win.