- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Recruiting is a key component to the success of Fleet Feet. Our Recruiter is accountable for driving recruiting strategies and identifying internal and external candidates across our company-owned locations. This person will lead the sourcing efforts for specific roles, collaborate with leaders to provide top-notch candidate and onboarding experiences, and drive hiring initiatives that shape our employer branding strategy. A significant focus will also be on diversity, equity, and inclusion. This person will assist with strategizing and engaging with diverse partnerships and activities that will build brand awareness, conduct market research to understand where diverse talent pools exist, and explore initiatives to tap into those talent pools. This position will have the opportunity to create, implement, and launch new processes, procedures, and policies while supporting a fast-paced retail leader in the running industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Human Resources, Operations, and other company-owned leaders on business workforce planning and staffing needs for our company-owned locations
- Coach and train hiring managers on the recruitment life cycle and best practice from objectively screening candidates to making an offer
- Create a fully-paid internship program focused on BIPOC recruitment that overcomes perceived barriers of participation related to location, transportation, or awareness.
- Partner with, educate and consult with hiring managers on recruiting process, strategy, and expectations, ensuring a smooth process for candidates and new hires through the recruiting process
- Develop and maintain a network of professional contacts to help identify, source, and engage industry leaders in building a qualified talent pipeline
- Utilize proactive, creative, and cost-effective recruitment methods to attract and source candidates including leveraging online recruiting resources, in-house Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and driving internal employee referrals
- Leverage internal resources to build comprehensive hiring strategies around Employment Branding, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and College Recruiting
- Ensure that the hiring process and hiring managers comply with Fleet Feet policies and procedures and with employment laws and regulations
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriate skills, experience, and knowledge based on position requirements
- Prepare candidates and set expectations appropriately for interviews by providing detailed information on the company, business unit, or retail location they’re interviewing with and job description details
- Where appropriate, perform detailed reference checking on selected candidates and review results with hiring managers
- Maintain records on company-wide recruiting activities. Utilize an automated applicant tracking system in compliance with staffing requirements to support the recruitment process
- Proactively seek and research opportunities to add value to all Fleet Feet entities through effective policies, best practice, and technology
- Represent the company in community service activities
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations to stay abreast of employment laws and industry trends
- Other duties as required and assigned by Human Resources. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of full life-cycle recruitment within a Corporate, University or Retail setting specifically focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- An understanding of the opportunities and challenges in building a diverse talent pool/pipeline and the tenacity to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Experience developing and partnering with professional organizations and networks spezializing in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to partner with and influence Hiring Managers as a talent advisor
- Highly competent with candidate sourcing tools, applicant tracking systems, and the ability to quickly learn and adopt new technology as required
- Proven ability to source, engage, and close passive candidates on niche roles using tools including LinkedIn, ATS, etc. Recruiting on a variety of different types of roles, managing a high volume of open roles and competing priorities
- Ability to deliver high-energy presentations internally and externally to audiences
- Knowledge of recruiting metrics, assessment tools and techniques, and the ability to use data to tell a story about results and impact
- Think strategically about building candidate pipelines through engagement, sourcing, and programs
- Experience in high growth, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with current best practice and familiarity with industry trends in functional areas
- Successful track record of building and maintaining relationships with candidates, peers, industry members, university partners, and leaders
- Established path of success in candidate identification, attraction, and development
- Strong talent assessment skills
- Travel 5-10% of time (when business travel resumes)
- Position requires occasional walking and standing with light (10-15lbs.) carrying, lifting, pushing, or pulling. The position is a sedentary position and requires the employee to have close visual acuity to perform job requirements. The position requires frequent talking, hearing, and repetitive motion with
the hands, wrists, and/or fingers. This position is located within a distribution center environment and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- High energy and fun atmosphere
- Training and advancement opportunities within the Fleet Feet brand
- Community involvement and community service activities
- Training Program, Race entries, and Product discounts
- Passionate team members
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.