- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Inspect the performance of assigned Room Attendants and Housemen, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel’s standards. Assist where necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Proven supervisory skills such as: communicating, training, delegating, follow through, organizing, prioritizing and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the English language, including: written, verbal, reading, spelling and grammar. Basic math skills required.
- Must be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgment in decision-making.
- Support and promote al hotel and company programs, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of common computer programs.
- Staffing: train, delegate, direct, discipline, motivate, and supervise housekeeping staff.
- Posses a strong eye for detail
- Experience with proper cleaning techniques, use of cleaning equipment, and knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Able to work for extended periods of time while on your feet and endure abundant physical movement in carrying out job duties.
- Maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and ensure the security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desired.
Conduct inspections, using designated checklists, or guest rooms, public areas, bathrooms, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by housekeeping staff. Ensure room and space cleanliness, meets or exceeds the expectation of the Hotel. Update room status after passing inspection in accordance with departmental standards. Redirect and follow up with staff if expectations are not met.
Confirm and update the status of the rooms (i.e. vacant, do not disturb, dirty, etc.) throughout the day. Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets the hotel’s expectations. Partner with Room Attendants and House Attendants to resolve any deficiencies.
Monitor Attendants for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness of work area and any mechanical problems. Assist in cleaning guest rooms as needed, according to departmental procedures and standards.
Verify room status on AM report, report discrepant rooms, and prioritize and update the status of checkout rooms. Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift. Identify special projects, requests or situations that may compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
Monitor and handle guest complaints and guarantee a seamless guest experience. Accommodate guest requests for Housekeeping items or additional supplies in a timely and courteous manner. Follow up on delivery and return of guest request items. Assist in other areas of housekeeping as needed.
Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to department management. Contact the Engineering department for urgent repairs and maintenance issues. Document relevant information in department log book. Complete all department paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and follow-up action with manager and/or oncoming supervisor.
Assist in the training, motivation and supervision of staff as assigned. Provide timely and effective feedback to staff and Director regarding any performance issues. Report disciplinary action to Director and participate in the counseling of employees, where appropriate.
The Standard hotels have made their mark in the hotel industry offering travelers innovative design and playful twists on hospitality conventions.
The Standard, Downtown LA, sister hotel to The Standard Hollywood, The Standard, Spa Miami Beach, and The Standard, New York, pioneered the revitalization of Downtown Los Angeles, remaining today an unsurpassed social and cultural hub. With features including a spectacular Rooftop bar and pool, 24/7 Restaurant, SPiN! Ping Pong club, oversized guest rooms, meeting and event spaces, the hotel is the ideal spot for both business and play. From the vibrating pod waterbeds on the roof to the giant black foot sculpture placed in some guest bathrooms, every detail of the hotel conveys that The Standard is anything but.