HOUSEPERSON | PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Paligroup is currently seeking a houseperson for the NEW Palihotel Culver City location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual who likes being active all day and not in an office environment
- An independent worker can follow a task lists with minimal supervision
- An individual who is detailed oriented and enjoys enhancing the guest experience by ensuring the property interior and exterior areas are in excellent condition
The Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of public areas, building maintenance and managing the daily linen inventory.
- Clean rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine in all common areas
- Clean rooms, hallways and restrooms
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattress
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors in all common areas
- Dusts and polishes metalwork in all common areas
- Collects soiled linen
- Received linen supplies
- Removes trash collected by room attendants
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect trash or soild linen
- Refill the par stock of linen on each floor
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots and other items to the guest rooms on requests
- Perform duties of housekeeping when necessary
- Sort linen, stock housekeeping closets
- Refill the par stock of guest aminities and supplies on each floor pantry.
- Help the housekeeping with the heavy lifting
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures
- Assist housekeeping with placing roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other collegues
- Must be completely flexible with scheduling and be open to varied schedules every week based on hotel occupancies
- Follow uniform guideline
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by management
- Has a strong working knowledge of and passion for hospitality
- Strong leadership skills and is able to build a cohesive team to achieve the highest quality of customer service
- Displays a strong hands-on approach
- Thinks critically and objectively
- Guest service oriented
- Strong knowledge of cleaning products
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum of eight hours
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
Education: High school certificate or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience in a similar position
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY
A 49-room hotel and restaurant/bar that will speak to both the history and majesty of Los Angeles’ cinematic roots and Culver City’s booming, modern-day tech scene. The historic, art-deco inspired façade will be restored and infused with interiors that feel modern and urban with bohemian, French influences throughout. A full-service restaurant, indoor/outdoor bar and private courtyard setting will welcome guests and locals alike. Palihotel Culver City is located at 3927 Van Buren Place.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its Chief Executive and President.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.
Paligroup's Brands are synonymous with neighborhood authenticity, style, innovation and success. We are convinced that this combination of custom-tailored place-making and unique social experiences increases performance, market share and overall pricing power.
Paligroup currently operates three hotels in Los Angeles including Palihouse West Hollywood, Palihotel Melrose, Palihouse Santa Monica. In addition, four new properties are scheduled to open in 2018 and early 2019. The new properties include Palihotel Westwood Village, Palihotel Culver City, Palihouse Miami Beach and Palihotel San Francisco.
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.