- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Position: General Manager, Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Our World: The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, boasting a portfolio of luxurious boutique hotels, resorts and inns located around the world.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
With this in mind, we seek employees who share our values and who desire to deliver a gracious guest experience with sincere commitment. We accomplish this by making our guests feel cared-for and known, when they stay or dine with us. Their preferences are considered; their expectations are constantly exceeded. Meeting their needs is only the beginning of what we do to make them feel like they belong.
Job Description: The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the hotel’s operations and will do so by anticipating the needs and expectations of the owner, customers, and employees to achieve profitability, and customer service goals while providing the employees with a positive work environment.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Demonstrating Leadership – utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making, honesty, integrity. Leading by example.
- Managing daily operations of the hotel ensuring excellence in guest service while promoting company culture and ensuring employee adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
- Supervise and develop the performance of all operating departments including, but not limited to: Front Office, F&B, Housekeeping and Maintenance to ensure guest satisfaction in a cost-efficient manner.
- Confer with regional team to and review activity, operations, and sales reporting to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Review and approve all operating expenses.
- Maximizes revenue through yield management and by achieving goals for contribution to revenue by working closely with sales team.
- Assist the Director of Sales with preparation and implementation of the marketing plan by developing strategies to increase market share.
- Achieves revenue goals for the hotel by developing and implementing operating and capital budget.
- Maintains and builds the value of the business by developing and implementing strategies which enhance and maintain physical condition of the hotel.
- Monitors customer service levels and counsels employees with alternative methods of responding to customer requests.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely action plans to drive culture of guest service and promote company culture.
- Increase visibility of hotel by actively participating in the community
- Focus on employee morale and retention to minimize turnover.
- Protect and enhance the value of all hotel assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security, housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process.
- Anticipate the needs of ownership by meeting and exceeding key owner indicators, including profitably, RevPAR, and total revenue.
- Perform other tasks associated as necessary in order to achieve the financial performance and goals of the organization.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years hotel general manager experience.
- Prior management experience in independent/boutique property preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communicator and team motivator
- Exceptional leadership and management skills required
- Financial and analytical skills required
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced knowledge of hotel operations software programs
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Physical Requirements: Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 lbs., bending, reaching, stooping, using fingers and hands, kneeling and crouching.Benefits: