- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The utility will wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment, and keep the dish-room and equipment clean and organized. The utility will also maintain the kitchen clean and safe for all staff members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods.
- Load, run and unload the dish machine.
- Keep the dishwashing area and dish machine clean and report any functional/mechanical problems immediately.
- Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Sort and rinse dirty items and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean items. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bag and haul dish room trash to dumpster at designed times.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments.
- To follow Standards of Service and all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- One (1) years of experience as Utility/Dishwasher.
- Florida Food Handlers card (within 30 days of hire).
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic directions in English.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Commitment to quality service.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- Generally, in an indoor setting.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Frequently exposed to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.