- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
As Sous chef, you are a vital part of the kitchen! You are the conduit from the kitchen to the servers. You will work directly under the Executive Chef, and are directly responsible for food quality and maintenance in the kitchen. Please understand the requirements of the position below - as it is a respectable job yet and highly demanding;
- You will replace the Executive Chef when he/she cannot be present - and seamlessly fill this role. You will report and work directly under the Executive Chef with respect and support. This position requires both culinary and managerial skills. The following will be required (but are not limited to).
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision • Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision.
- Establish the working schedule and organize the workers in the kitchen. Understand and maintain labor cost. Report to Executive Chef and Director of Operations if there will be a change in labor.
- Produce high quality, consistent dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements.
- Upkeep and maintain the correct information in the Food Bible, as well as all recipes, allergen lists, and buttons in the POS system.
- Follow schedule according to dish research, tastings, launch and print on menu.
- Discover talented chefs and train them in order to reach the high standards of the location.
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources
- Oversee HEALTH CODE standards and procedures in the kitchen. Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door.
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours;
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
- Successfully manage time, resources and finances.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, conscious way to all team members.
- Ability to understand what people are asking, and providing insight without attitude. Helping to positively problem solve, and offering solutions and support where necessary.
- Must be able to train subordinate chefs and the kitchen staff. Have teaching strategies that convey information clearly and in an accessible manner.
- Ability to analyze and observe progress of team members, inter-workings of the kitchen, and overall restaurant success.
The sous chef job is very rewarding, but it also requires a lot of passion, devotion and perseverance. Personal behavior is very important in the work place. We also require attention to detail, initiative, flexibility, patience, good stress tolerance, leadership qualities, and the ability to work well with a team.
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.