Grain Elevator Laborer
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in completing general duties associated with the grain elevators. The incumbent will be involved in grain handling, receiving, storing, conditioning and shipping. Responsibilities include loading and unloading of grain onto trucks, dry grain, clean bins, service equipment and operate Bobcat loader. Ensure timely completion of all assigned tasks and following orders in accordance with company policies, procedures and safety rules.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Regularly lift items ranging in both size and weight, ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must be able to climb ladders of various heights, work in confined/tight spaces and perform strenuous physical labor in excess of two hours.
- Employee must maintain designated areas to assure they meet company standards.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to understand written sentences, effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high levels of grain dust as well as working regularly outside under all weather conditions. The employee is exposed to work with service equipment and high temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and protective equipment is needed; protective glasses, dust masks and ear plugs, should be used frequently.