- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Overview: The TAO Group porter ensures the venue is set up properly, clean and presentable at all times.
• Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
• Works well in a team.
• Provides help and support to all fellow colleagues.
• Communicates to FOH and BOH support staff including managers, servers and chef.
• Learns and teaches fellow colleagues. (Learn by listening, teach and lead by example.)
• Properly sets-up station and sidestations including:
• Squares-off seats, tables, make sure all tables and chairs/banquettes are clean and free of debris
• Helps waiters set table with proper place settings
• Wipes down chairs and table bases
• Stocks sidestations with appropriate materials
• Performs opening sidework as described for specific sections
• Attends and participates in daily pre-meal meetings.
• Always smile.
• Provides professional and exceptional guest service.
• Delivers (as directed by server), fill, and re-fill water as needed.
• Tables maintenance and bussing of excess tableware
• Clears empty glasses, dirty plates, used silverware.
• Cleans and wipes tabletop and keep free of debris and food.
• Helps set table for next course (apps, entrees, desserts).
• Clears and resets tables after guests have left.
• Performs shift opening and closing sidework as described.
• Sweeps and mops floors.
• Empties and takes out trash.
• Puts away clean dishes, glasses, utensils, etc.
• Refills and replenishes supplies.
• Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
• Informs management of maintenance problems.
• Learns proper use of cleaning chemicals, soaps, and supplies.
• Straightens up dishwasher area.
• Previous hospitality experience preferred.
• Previous porter experience preferred.
• Experience in a high volume restaurant is a must.