- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Our staff is committed to doing everything the right way, which is why we make our barbeque sauce from scratch and adhere to a ‘round the clock’ smoking schedule.
We’re looking for a Line Cook to join our team. If you love cooking and have a knack for having fun while working in a busy team-oriented work place, check out the details below.
We encourage you to apply in person! Our Chefs look forward to speaking with you between 2pm and 4pm, Monday thru Friday.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Prepare amazing creations from scratch following our recipes to produce consistent results
- Know and comply consistently with standard cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen practices
- Cook a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Portion all the products, follow the recipes, and always make sure the plate presentation looks great
- Keep it clean! Follow the sanitization standards, make sure your work station stays clean and organized, and follow all of the food handling standards
You Need to be:
- Someone who loves cooking and is able to lead a team to be consistently awesome in everything they produce.
- You should excel in a fast-paced environment, and you should have at least two years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- You should have good English communication skills.
- You should be comfortable standing for long periods of time.
- You should be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- You should have the flexibility to work weekends and some holidays.
We appreciate great talent. Our team is rewarded with competitive earnings, fun incentives, and regular opportunities for growth. Add to all that a 50% restaurant discount at all our FS Food Group concepts and as an extra bonus you get to feel like a kid while you’re at work. Sound good? Apply below!
Craft. Commitment. ‘Cue’
Midwood Smokehouse is where the neighborhood gets their barbecue fix. Here, we burn hickory wood 24 hours a day, seven days a week to bring our customers the barbecue they crave. Our Pitmasters have been to the promised lands (that is, Texas, Kansas City and the Carolinas) to hone the art and craft of real barbecue. We set our standards high and cook our meats low and slow.