Project Manager 1 (Construction) - San Antonio Housing Authority (SAHA)
- $52K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Project Manager I
The Project Manager I is responsible for the performance of the project administration and oversight duties associated with single or multi-family construction: pre-development, financing, planning, design, construction, and stabilization or acquisition of multifamily and single family residential affordable housing developments. This position works out of the SAHA headquarters on N. Flores St.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-····
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed. These essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and regular attendance must be maintained.
- Facilitate the development and construction process with third party members of the Development Team as well as internal SAHA departments such as Finance and Accounting, Risk Management, Legal, Procurement, Compliance, Construction Services, Public Housing,
Non-Profits, Section 8, Community Development Initiatives and Corporate Relations from project inception through stabilization or acquisition.
- Coordinate receipt of applicable SAHA approvals during pre-development, construction, and stabilization; or acquisition of affordable housing developments to ensure that SAHA goals and directives are
- Oversee Davis Bacon Wages Rates:
- Coordinate, interview, prepare wage rate forms and discuss the findings with the co-developer/contractor. Meet with co-developer and review certified payrolls and compare Davis Bacon Wage Rate reports
- Reviews for deficiencies and performs follow-up to ensure that the worker is compensated according to the wage rates for the
- Maintain paper and electronic
- Reviews LCPTracker to ensure that certified payrolls and Davis Bacon Wage Rate interviews are maintained.
- Identify and maintain due diligence documentation for project funding and financing requirements.
- Review and analyze project feasibility utilizing operating proformas, sources, budgets, and financing structures for potential development and acquisition transactions
- Monitor construction of affordable housing developments; including design and contract documents, review of third party reports; participate in pre-construction and draw meetings; and processing of contractor
- Monitor, analyze and manage the progress of construction projects, draw requests, inspection reports, RFl's, Change Orders, and other project related correspondence throughout the development
- Review critical path as related to the construction progress schedule and assist in resolution of contractual and performance issues/disputes.
- Coordinate resolution of issues encountered during predevelopment, acquisition, construction, and stabilization phases of the development of affordable housing including acting as liaison with governmental and regulatory entities, addressing existing public housing residents concerns, and monitoring activities as directed.
- Prepare presentations for SAHA Board, governmental entities, and public on progress and status of the acquisition and development of affordable and public housing, acting as SAHA representative as
- Confer with community and neighborhood residents to apprise them of planned and ongoing SAHA activities.
- Prepare and maintain Development Construction Progress Report for the Development Services and Neighborhood Revitalization
- Monitors and tracks SAHA Board Approvals , HUD reporting, and development budgets and timelines to ensure completion of all affordable and public housing developments on time and within
- Attends and participates in planning meetings with City of San Antonio, HUD, utility companies, business, institutional and neighborhood
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with neighborhood and community stakeholders on the development of Affordable and Public Housing .
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices to aid in a contractor's compliance with multiple programs including the Build San Antonio Green guidelines
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture , Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Law, Real Estate or related
- Three (3) year of professional work experience related to project management of multi-family or single family residential construction, residential rehabilitation project management, development project management or affordable housing
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening
- Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as the Google GSuite applications to include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides. Understanding document sharing and collaboration in the cloud. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, cloud accessible applications to include but not limited to: One drive , Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint or MAC or PC desktop equivalent is
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Five (5) years of related experience and/or training
- Ability to learn cloud technologies such as LucidChart for diagram , workflow and chart drawing.
Experience with Vizior equivalent is acceptable. Basic understanding of Virtual Private Network (VPN) access to connect to internal business systems.
License and Certifications:
- Texas Class "C" driver's license at the time of placement and be insurable by the Housing Authority's liability and fleet insurance
- Must have the ability to earn certifications as required by assigned tasks (i.e. Building Codes Certification, Inactive Troxler Density Gauge Certification, Inactive Concrete Inspection Certification).
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have:
- Maintains working knowledge of affordable and public housing construction, programs and regulatory requirements; Plan and organize development and acquisition projects to assure completion
- Knowledge of federal, state and local funding reporting requirements and compliance
- Knowledge of various federal regulations related to affordable housing construction
- Knowledge of project feasibility by reviewing and understanding operating proformas, sources and uses budgets, and total development costs for potential transactions
- Knowledge of contract documents: read and understands construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of building codes; building permitting and related federal and state construction laws, rules and regulations; applicable government housing programs and related applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and
- Knowledge of construction project management terminology, techniques, methods and procedures of construction projects, schedules and timelines
- Understanding of Lender, Buyer, and Construction/Developer
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control and record-keeping techniques
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports and maintain records and prepare reports.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Proficient with a computer, MS Office software, Word, EXCEL Power Point , Google Applications ,
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Work independently with minimal direction