- $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for carrying a caseload of 60 clients living with HIV/AIDS. They will develop an Individual Housing Plan for all clients during entry to the program, and meet with them on a minimum of one time per week to carry out the following duties.
• Provide outreach services including referrals, resources, assessments, intakes, and other pertinent services while creating a positive rapport with clients engaged.
• Provide case management and housing navigation services, including utilizing the hotel/motel voucher program and tenant based voucher program.
• Communicate and adhere to program policies and procedures and model professional rapport with all staff, clients, and partners in accordance with the Operations Manual.
• Must interact well with other people; need to be able to interact and work cooperatively with participants, service providers and staff members.
• Must show individual initiative and responsibility.
• Attend all meetings as required.
• Work collaboratively with agencies, city staff, and police departments to provide streamlined assistance.
• Provide/coordinate transportation when needed.
• Coordinate placements with Alpha Staff and other agencies.
• Utilize Clarity for input and data collection.
• Work closely with RTFH staff to ensure all Coordinated Entry requirements are met and prioritization are in place for appropriate placements.
• Completion of common assessment tool (VI-SPDAT).
• Maintain confidentiality for all participants.
• Uphold the integrity of the VVSD at all times.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Three (3) years’ experience working with people, target population preferred;
• Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and HMIS
• Good driving record; and
• Bilingual speakers encouraged
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.