Front Desk Supervisor
- $13.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- The main responsibility is to supervise the Front Office team to drive memorable guest interactions and smooth operations resulting in excellent guest satisfaction.
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
- As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the Front Office team.
- You will also ensure hotel charges are processed diligently to guest’s accounts, invoices are accurate, billing instructions are verified, upcoming reservations are entered correctly, all necessary supporting bills and vouchers are attached for direct settlements.
- This position requires open availabilty and experience in a hotel's Front Desk Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upholds Moonrise Hotel and Four Diamond Standards at all times. Ensuring he/she is a model example for the Front Office team.
- Coach associates to provide guest with an unforgettable experience.
- Ensure all special request are followed completed and handled appropriately.
- Responds to telephone calls and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the Front Office team members to ensure a quality operation.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Assist all departments when needed during high volume periods; such as Housekeeping, Valet, and Reservations.
- Ensure cleanliness of Front Office desk, lobby and hotel grounds.
- Maintain knowledge of all Moonrise Hotel and Industry safety standards and protocols.
- Works with security to ensure the safety of guest and employees.
- Will need to be able to navigate third party extranets and Windsurfer reservations interface.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Holds accountability for being Manager on Duty in absence of Front Office Manager/ Assistant Front Office Manager.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills. Experience of motivating and leading a winning team. Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure. Knowledge of Opera / Fidelio / or other similar world Class Property Management Systems is required.
- Intermediate to advance computer knowledge.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must be able to work a variable schedule to reflect business needs, including weekends, AM, PM and overnight shifts.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/ or run.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field.
- Minimum 1 year work experience as Front Desk Associate or Reservations position.
After 90 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401K (with match program)
After 6 months of employment
- Sick Time
After 1 year of employment
- Vacation Time (80 Hours)
The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop- one of St. Louis' most vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment districts- the hotel offers guest a wide array of leisure activities.
We truly feel honored when hospitality professionals look at us closely and consider being a part of our extended "family." We have a fun, focused, driven, culture-oriented team and we always encourage candidates to find out about us before submitting their resume. Joining our team requires that you are 100% guest oriented with a proven ability to wow the guest, while maintaining the culture we operate by. In other words, to succeed with us, you have to love the human race while achieving the goals.
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- We've got a great product to sell!
- We have fun at work, but get the job done.
- We are independently minded and we hire people that are the same way.
- We take the competition seriously, but not ourselves.
- We are lively, enthusiastic, and fast moving
- We do what we say we are going to do and we are who we say we are.
- We're colorful, quirky, and stylish!
- We have a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- We do not give you scripts, we like your free spirit, but we're professional.
- 100% of our employees have rated the hotel as a place they are proud to work at, year after year.