- $14.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Reports To: Kitchen Manager and/or Executive Chef (Head Chef)
A prep Chef is second in command after the Executive Chef (“Head Chef”) in a professional kitchen. The Sous Chef is to report to the Head Chef in charge and/or the Kitchen Manager. The prep Chef is required to assist the Head Chef is a number of functions in the kitchen, consisting of menu planning, food preparation, and sanitation. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting Executive Chef in daily duties.
- Punctuality and reliability an absolute must (5-6 am shift start).
- Ability to learn new recipes and delivering products of the highest quality in terms of taste, freshness and consistency.
- Ability to prepare and cook breakfast items.
- Responsible for keeping and maintaining clean work areas at all times.
- Training of kitchen staff on Food Safety and Standards.
- Responsible for understanding and preparing catering orders.
- Assists with daily menu preparation for hot foods.
- Preparation of entrees in the grab and go section.
- Other duties as may be assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- ServSafe or equivalent Manager Certification.
- Good communication skills
- Conversational Spanish appreciated.
- Knowledge about food preparation.
- Understanding nutritional information and ingredients.
- Ability to assemble and understand a catering menu.
- Knowledge of recipes and the ability to contribute ideas for menu planning.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Implement, train and follow the kitchen safety regulations.