Lead Line Cook, Sous Chef
- $14.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Seeking experienced line cooks and kitchen leadership. Lead Line position open immediately, with potential to hire into or grow into a Sous Chef role, commensurate upon experience.
Duties may include:
- Working alongside kitchen staff, running a station, upholding food quality standards, overseeing prep, and executing smooth service.
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of kitchen environment, training and enforcing health and HAACP requirements.
- Training and mentoring prep and line cooks, collaborating with Executive and Sous Chefs to achieve excellence from all staff.
- Opening and/or closing duties, line checks, final walkthroughs, prep lists, monitoring clock ins/outs.
- Order placing, inventory counts, and other light administrative work.
Must be able to maintain positivity and work well with all types of people. Must be able to move quickly and work efficiently with great attention to detail. This is a full-time position. Open availability preferred, but not required.
We strive to offer competitive pay and a clear path to advancement within our rapidly growing company. Perks include free shift meals, paid family meal, flexible hours, a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and the opportunity for rapid growth and advancement given the right attitude and work ethic.
All positions require:
-Great attitude. No a**holes or egos, please!
-Ability to work as a team
-Ability to lift 50 lbs.
-Stand on feet for long periods of time
-Must communicate effectively
-Must be able to follow directions and procedures
-Must have or obtain Food Manager Certification
-Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
-Knowledge of cooking techniques, equipment, and food safety requirements
Ramen Tatsu-Ya is Austin's first brick-and-mortar ramen shop serving the authentic soul food of Japan in the heart of Texas.
Our accolades include: 'Best Ramen in America' - TimeOut Magazine, 'Top 50 New Restaurants in America' - Bon Appetit Magazine and 'Best Ramen in the Nation' - Tablespoon (Best of Munchies: People's Choice Food Awards). Please check out our website: ramen-tatsuya.com.
We work hard so we can have fun. We love to move fast and listen to dope music. We are a team; no assholes or egos allowed!