- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Who makes sure the food stays hot, the salad stays crisp, and the hummus stays hummusy? Kitchen managers. A kitchen manager is responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of a restaurant.
Kitchen managers monitor thefood and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques. In addition, kitchen managers ensure that the companies standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly. Kitchen managers also make sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
Kitchen managers also hit the books, by keeping tabs on food cost, waste and employee hours, doing their best to optimize profit for their company and create the best dining experience possible for customers.
● Previous kitchen, prep, recipe, and cooking experience required
● Solid understanding of labor and food cost
● Strong leadership qualities
● Detail oriented
● Must be passionate about food
● Must have a valid food handler card
● Lead the line and food production, maintaining consistency and a high level of quality
● Oversee prep
● Establish a strong relationship with vendors. Place and check orders as needed
● Maintain a clean kitchen
● Monitor the labor of all back of house staff
● Employee discounts
● Meal plan
Come join our team today!
sweetgreen is a culinary lifestyle brand dedicated to smartly-sourced, seasonal food, and to the commitment of living the sweetlife. Our food is delicious, healthy, and transparent, and we work with like-minded farmers and growers who value sustainability.