PALIHOTEL SEATTLE | ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Palihotel Seattle is currently seeking a personable, motivated and experienced individual to join our team as the Accounting Manager.
The accounting manager is responsible for managing various accounting functions of the company. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and creating a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
The duties of this full-time position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare accurate daily revenue reports and distribute in a timely manner.
- Review general ledger postings on monthly basis for accuracy.
- Process and submit semi-monthly payroll, Workers Compensation, and payroll funding reports. Ensuring accuracy of wages and hours reported.
- Verify and update vacation accrual reports and sick time balances.
- Circulate post payroll documents to each entity for acknowledgement.
- Assist with A/P and General Cashier function when necessary.
- Reconcile cash received in the income journal to cash received in the bank.
- Responsible for responding to chargebacks and guest inquiries.
- Update monthly schedules that support the balance sheet and certain line items in the income statement.
- Reconcile the guest ledger and advanced deposit ledgers daily to the income journal.
- Reconcile the city ledger in M3 and Opera to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile sales and occupancy tax daily in the income journal, research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Provide management and the operational team with various reports used to manage the hotels – Daily Sales, Labor and other adhoc reports when needed.
- Assist the operations team with IT related requests and serve as liaison to third-party IT professionals.
- Special projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Accounting, or related major; 8 years' experience in accounting management or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related major; 6 years' experience in accounting, or related professional area.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Accounting Management experience in boutique hotel.
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
ABOUT PALIHOTEL SEATTLE
A trusty neighborhood hotel celebrating Seattle’s waterfront…
Address: 107 Pine Street, Seattle, WA, 98101
Location, Location, Location. Palihotel Seattle will be an intimate, fun, comfortable and contemporary boutique hotel located in a historic, century-old building directly across the street from Seattle’s famed Pike Place Market and the Elliot Bay waterfront.
Offering 96 rooms, The Hart and The Hunter restaurant, bar, coffee bar and lobby, we have carefully designed our spaces to enhance the hotel’s vibrant neighborhood and be communal and inclusive for travelers and locals alike.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.