System Administrator (Top Secret)
- $90K Annual Salary
- Full Time
We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator to support a client in the Washington DC Metro Area. This is paying $90,000/year.
This is requiring a Top Secret clearance.
• Systems Administrator is responsible for architecting, planning, configuring, installing and engineering solutions for Windows servers, LAN/WAN systems, and telecommunication systems.
• This position will respond to escalated systems alerts, investigates and recovers hardware/software failures, identification and resolution of service-level problems, and the identification and support of mission-critical tasks and the education of other support and operations personnel.
• Develop and maintain robust, stable and secure server environment
• Ensure system stability, scalability, security and performance requirements and assist in capacity planning
• Investigate and resolve system problems or performance issues
• Proactively identify areas that need improvement and develop solutions to address them
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis to maintain a stable and secure environment using automated and manual tools
• Upgrade and manage administrative tools and utilities
• Develop and maintain team documentation
• Support network operations, monitoring, problem diagnosis/repair, and traffic analysis
• Direct customer interaction/assistance will be required
• Tier-3 support as required
• Associates or 4-year degree in computer science, information technology, or related field OR equivalent experience of 3+ years
• Experience in hardware, software and troubleshooting of critical IT systems
• Preferred certifications in VCP (VMWare), Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
• Passed a Microsoft Server Certification Test for Server 2008R2 or 2012, Preferred MCSA 2008 R2 or MCSA 2012 (Windows)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with VMware, NETApp, Exchange, and Citrix
• Maintain Citrix Xen Desktop/App virtual images
• Provide operations support for Active Directory and Exchange in a multi-site domain
• Maintain and administer system monitoring solutions to include Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Operation Manager (SCOM)
• Extensive experience with database administration
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including root-cause analysis
• Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
• 1+ years in support of a civilian federal government agency in a TS environment.
• Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing at a management level.
• Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills
• Experience managing compliance with license agreements
• Experience controlling and monitoring user access to the system
• Experience monitoring and optimizing the performance of the MS Windows Based system
• Experience planning, executing, and maintaining backup and recovery of the system
• Experience writing functional requirements and preparing functional designs
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.