Server - Azabu Japanese Restaurant
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
POSITION SUMMARY: The server leads restaurant guest interaction throughout the dining experience and ensures that all guests have the highest quality dining experience possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains a clean, well-groomed, professional appearance at all times.
• Prepares the tables making sure all items are pristine.
• Offer menus selections to each table, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and beverage.
• Maintain knowledge of current food/beverages choices, their preparation methods and ingredients.
• Accurately take orders and assist guests in making choices of food/beverage based on their specific requirements.
• Effectively communicate guest orders to kitchen via Point of Sales system. Include any special requests or allergies.
• Serve items to the guest in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality.
• Observe guests to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
• Total bill and accept payment or refers guests to the cashier. • Thank guests and kindly invite them back for future dining.
• Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• To follow all company safety rules, policies, and procedures. • Other duties as assigned.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Two (2) years of experience as server.
• Knowledge of POS.
• Florida Food Handlers card (within 30 days of hire).
• High school diploma.
• Basic Math Skills add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Knowledgeable in all forms of bar food, basic classic cocktails and other beverage.
• Strong guest service orientation.
• Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
• Identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Ability to take directions and be a team player.
• Multi-task oriented and self-motivated.
• Must visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables.
• Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Constant walking with some standing.
• Be able to work in a standing position
for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop.
• Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
• Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
• Exposure to extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate to loud.
• The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
• Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.