Special Events Sales Manager
Tao Group New York, NY
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Overview: The Special Events Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting, planning, and managing successful group and event dining to increase sales. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Creatively position and sell event spaces, meeting budget numbers.
- Create and maintain lasting client relationships.
- Manage all account details and event logistics including but not limited to:
- Client walkthroughs showcasing event spaces
- Contract creation
- BEO creation
- Floor Plan creation
- Collection of payment
- Timeline creation
- Menu selection
- Post event follow up, sharing any constructive criticism with team
- Actively upsell food and beverage items and negotiate best rates for in-house AV, equipment and vendors.
- Arrange required vendors for all events.
- Greet all event clients—introducing them to closing banquet manager.
- Ensure that company standards are met with each contracted event. This involves inspecting event room prior to each function, engaging in staff pre-shift, confirming staffing pars with Banquet Manager and observing event flow to ensure service standards are upheld.
- Liaison with venue management leading up to event to ensure proper execution.
- Periodically check with client to ensure satisfaction and respond to any requests in a timely manner.
- Actively engage in client outreach to showcase new and existing properties. Including but not limited to networking events, scheduled off premise meetings, client appreciations, etc.
- Participate in tastings with clients and effectively relay input to Chef team.
- Meet and exceed client needs by creating custom menus, assist with vendor procurement and sleeping room accommodations when needed, etc.
- Assist in updating and editing banquet menus.
- Assist in creating event marketing collateral and strategies.
- Participate in weekly BEO Meetings with operations and chef teams.
- Daily reconciliation of event checks to ensure client payment was handled properly. Manage any discrepancies.
- Have Opera/Delphi/Tripleseat experience.
- Must have 2 years of event sales experience in NYC.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter.