Bakers needed in NEW Cafe!!
- $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Health Insurance
- Employer Likely to Respond
We are seeking driven individuals to become part of a rockstar crew that services in the USC Village. We are the sister restaurant of The Butcher The Baker The Cappucccino Maker in West Hollywood. We are a scratch kitchen and love to do it from the beginning to end. From baking our breads, pastries to even roasting our coffee beans in house!
We are looking for a professional baker to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line duties will be mainly assisting the Pastry Chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. making dough, baking, prepping for production, maintenance of display cases)
- Answer, report and follow Pastry Chef's instructions
- Clean up station and properly setup for the next shift
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Proven baking experience
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day