Front Desk Agent - Oceana
- $15.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The newly renovated Oceana Hotel in Santa Monica, CA is re-opening in May 2019 after a $30 Million renovation on our ocean front property and we are hiring Front Desk Agents to be the ambassadors of our luxury, all-suite hotel. You will be responsible for accurately checking guests in and out of their suites, answering phones, and ensuring that all guest requests are promptly met.
If you have at least one year of front desk experience at a luxury hotel or resort and have worked using OPERA Reservations Systems (ORS) software, then we want you to apply today. We will be scheduling in-person interviews for qualified candidates over the next few weeks.
- Competitive pay up to $20 per hour (depending on experience)
- Comprehensive Medical (PPO and HMO), Dental, Vision and 401(k) options are available for full-time employees
- Full-time and part-time schedules
- Training and advancement opportunities
Apply today with your updated resume, then check your phone and email messages often for a message about scheduling a short phone interview.
- At least one year of hotel Front Desk Agent experience for a luxury hotel or resort
- Experience working with OPERA Reservations Systems (ORS) software
- Computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work a hospitality schedule that will include weekends and holidays
- Willing to conform to hotel appearance standards which include wearing hotel issued uniform, no visible tattoos while wearing uniform, no unnatural hair colors, no piercings other than one pair on ears for women, neatly groomed facial hair on men
- Willing to submit to background check
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Check guests in and out of rooms; ensure that all guest information is accurate and up to date
- Answer the phone, take room reservations, and ensure that guest requests are met promptly
- Provide value added service to guests by meeting and anticipating needs and expectations
- Resolves guest concerns in a thoughtful and friendly manner, while maintaining hotel standards
- Act as a full capacity concierge at the hotel – our Front Desk Agents will be doing everything from check ins/outs, escorting guests to their room, booking dinner reservations, spa appointments and curating custom LA experiences for guests
After you apply, make sure to listen to voicemails, answer calls from unknown numbers and check emails for a message from us on the next step.
Oceana is part of the family of hotels managed by JRK Hotel Group. The property is located overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the most sought after neighborhood in Santa Monica. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Oceana does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.