Bakery + Catering Prep Cook
- $12.00 - $13.75 Hourly
- Part Time
- Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Growing bakery & tea catering company looking for an energetic, pastry loving, efficient, timely bakery and catering cook to join our team to help us with scone production and afternoon tea catering orders.
You'll be working with our talented Kitchen Manager to make baked goods such as scones, cookies, tea sandwiches and prep for all afternoon tea catering orders.
You must be a person who thrives on successfully executing your list each shift, efficiently, timely with mindfulness, clealiness and taking initiative to be a positive addition to the team.
You'll be part of a growing minority owned woman business and learn about entreprenuership if you are interested in owning or starting your own business someday.
We love people with an entreprenuer spirit!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have track record working in the kitchen, bakery or catering environment for at LEAST 2 years.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE REFERENCES THAT WE CAN CALL.
• Efficiently executes duties in a timely, clean, graceful manner with mindful team spirit.
- Must be able to clean and assist your team with breaking down shifts, cleaning, closing up the kitchen.
- Must have an understanding of the health department codes.
- Must have non-slip shoes.
- Must be able to pick up 50 lbs of flour.
- Must be able to scoop dough.
- Must have an updated and current Serve Safe certification.
- Must have a passion for baking or tea
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be highly motivated + timely + communicative
· MUST have at least 2 years of experience working in a bakery, restaurant or catering company.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Must have excellent leadership skills
· Good organizational skills
· An understanding of food and beverage operations
· Must be able to work days and weekends as necessary
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in food and beverage service is preferred BOH for at least 2 years.
· College/Culinary degree preferred
· Serve Safe Certification
Sugarbird Sweets opened its first brick and mortar location inside the One Wilshire building in downtown Los Angeles. Serving specialty teas and coffees, pairing them with addictive yet rustic variety of scones and baked goods, catering office lunches and breakfasts throughout Downtown Los Angeles.
Offering tea party catering services for baby/brial showers, corporate events with our modernized, tea-centric menus.
Sugarbird began 9 years ago from our first stall at the South Pasadena farmer's market into our first commissary cafe location with the love and help from all our customers and wholesale partners who've supported us throughout these years.