Third Party Biller
- $45K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Under supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Third Party Biller performs a full range of accounts receivable, billing, collections, and includes effective and efficient management of business office. Activities include billing, record keeping, filing, collection of bad debts, and clerical tasks. Must be well-versed in Medicare and ALTCS billing procedures to include electronic transmission in Arizona. The Third Party Biller will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill and/or disabled persons. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
A thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations as they pertain to Medicare and ALTCS billing practices. Must possess a working knowledge of accounts receivable and collection practices and is effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, outside vendors, clients, and auditors.
- Serves as primary person responsible for collections of Providence Place accounts receivable.
- Coordinates billing of Medicare claims; Part A and Part B, managed care, private, hospice, and ALTCS billings.
- Coordinates the processing of billings in coordination with accounting timetables for Providence Place.
- Serves as primary contact for patient billing inquiries.
- Ensures accounts receivable are managed to avoid delinquent accounts.
- Working knowledge of all peripheral computer equipment software.
- Prepares and submits Medicare Demand Bill in accordance with Medicare regulations.
- Assists CFO and Providence Place Administrator with special projects, as required.
- Performs, as required, all duties of Billing Specialist and Collections Specialist.
- Submits quarterly ALTCS reports as required.
- Prepares quarterly credit balance report to Medicare.
- Prepares weekly accounts receivable aging reports.
- Responsible to ensure all services and supplies are billed and collected in a timely manner, and to immediately report exceptions to the CFO.
- Ensure all denials are reviewed and addressed on a weekly basis
- Reviews and approves data entry for ancillary charges.
- Coordinates all collection work with staff and collection agency.
- Approves all ancillary vendor invoices to ensure charges are appropriately billed, and authorized. Invoices once approved and coded are sent to Accounting by the fifth business day of the month.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To function effectively in this position, the incumbent should possess an Associate's Degree, plus two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a medical office, with a preference in a long term care environment. Must have the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects, demands and issues and make correct decisions in a busy operating environment.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.