Sr. Event Specialist
The JDK Group Camp Hill, PA
- $0.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Vision Insurance
- Employer Likely to Respond
Sr. Event Specialist/Producer for The JDK Group
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Week: Non-typical, Average 50 Hours Per Week
- Create, produce and coordinate large scale specialty events for our corporate, social, and wedding divisions.
- Coordinate all details requested for catering and specialty events, including menu development, event design concept, event logistics and layout, on-site production, and execution.
- Organize meetings, phone conferences, and site visits with prospective and existing clients.
- Develop a sales strategy to build a network of clients and cultivate business opportunities.
- Process a number of general inquiries simultaneously, update client accounts in content management system, and manage all payments for client accounts.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive proposals and innovatively present compelling presentations that exceeds the client’s event needs. This includes background research and development of event concept based on client’s vision.
- Ensures event production is seamless by outlining production plans for the Event Operations Specialist and collaborating with team members to communicate individual event execution plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendor talent and suppliers that adhere to the same core competencies to achieve a cohesive production.
- Maintain weekly and quarterly event reports to track sales progress; maintain a minimum of $500,000 in event sales.
- Maintain a customer-centric approach in all event practices and empower employees to achieve our mission of exceeding the customer’s expectation
- Advance in JDK’s on-site program to obtain certification of Site Manager (On-site Ranking #1/Event Lead, See Employee Handbook). Compensation for on-site events included in base salary.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Large event production experience, including a portfolio of work performed
- Minimum 5-10 years of event sales and production
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Communications or a related field.
- Experience in the food & beverage, hospitality, and/entertainment industries a definite asset
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and creative thinking with the ability to formulate ideas into action
- Have excellent organization skills; ability to initiate, plan, prioritize and conduct multiple projects successfully and meet frequent deadlines
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Knowledge with a sales management database software is a plus
- Superb written and verbal communication skills