Visual Merchandising Manager - Multi-Store
- $17.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Health Insurance
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
THIS POSITION DOES REQUIRE TRAVELING.
Our ideal candidate is dynamic, high-energy, polite, highly-motivated. We are looking for natural-born leaders with a high taste level and an understanding of how to merchandise store fixtures, displays and windows for the benefit of a retail business. This is not a desk job. You will be interacting with sales associates and customers on a regular basis and it is important that you maintain our positive store environment while you are on the floor.
Our intention is to find someone who can merchandise 3 of our 8 store locations ( Huntington Beach/ Manhattan Beach/ Corona Del Mar ) train our staff to maintain merchandising standards and travel across the country to set up new store locations.This position reports directly to our Director of Stores and works in collaboration with the Buying Department. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a CAREER in the retail/fashion industry. This is not a position for someone who is looking to pass the time.Job Description:
- Creating clear merchandising and visual impact for all stores that promotes brand consistency across all stores.
- Training Stylists and Assistant Managers to maintain brand consistency at all times
- Working with Director of Stores, Buying Department and Ownership on floor sets and window displays
- Collaborate on seasonal and special floor set strategies
- Maintaining a running list of all merchandising fixtures, displays, etc. needed to open new store locations
- Communicating windows and floor sets to Director of Stores and Ownership on a weekly basis (or as frequently as it is changed)
- Providing instruction for all stores on window displays and floor sets
- Being a teacher to sales staff on visual merchandising expectations and standards
- Communicating with Buying Department regularly to anticipate new shipments and plan for new windows and floor sets
- Communicating merchandising display and fixture needs to Corporate
- Occasional selling (you will be working on the sales floor and we expect all employees, no matter what their role in the company, to provide our customers with the highest quality customer service, always)
- !!!! At least 1 year experience in Visual Merchandising in a store environment !!!
- Strong communication skills
- Management experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Strong fashion/styling sense and ability to translate trends into projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel by automobile, plane and train. Willingness to travel periodically to attend meetings/workshops (overnight may be necessary)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong sales experience is a huge plus
- Ability to lift fixtures, display items, etc up to 50 pounds
This is an excellent opportunity for travel (we are currently an 8 store chain and rapidly expanding throughout California). Please email your resume with cover letter to the above email.
WILLIAM B + friends is a women's apparel and lifestyle retain chain, specializing in well-styled, easy to wear, fashion forward clothing at an accessible price point. WILLIAM B is rapidly growing, and we are looking for employees who are interested in having a CAREER, not just a "job." We are currently located in Studio City, Brentwood Gardens, Marina del Rey, Manhattan Beach, West 3rd Street, Palo Alto, and Huntington Beach.