Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
- $50K - $55K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.
Eaton DC is located in the heart of downtown at 1201 K Street NW, Washington, DC, 20005. Upon opening, Eaton DC will have 209 hotel rooms, a live radio station, a 50-person cinema, a wellness center with yoga, meditation and alternative treatments, large event space, rotating art exhibits and a co-working members club, in addition to its beverage and dining offerings. For more information and to join the Eaton Workshop community for exclusive opening news, please visit Eaton Workshop’s website at http://eatonworkshop.com/.
The right candidate for this exceptional opportunity will be able to exhibit passion for excellence, flair for service, and lifestyle and possess a level of confidence in their sophistication and style
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager be a crucial element to the success of the operation. This candidate assists the F&B Manager with his/her responsibilities, which include training, developing and monitoring staff interaction with customers and team members. The ideal candidate also assists F&B Manager in upholding high standards of service and true hospitality as well as consistently infusing the staff with an "above and beyond" mentality. The Assistant F&B Manager will work in Wild Days Roof Top Bar.
- Wild Days, Eaton DC’s indoor/outdoor rooftop music venue and bar serves up street food from Chef Tim Ma. With panoramic views of the nation’s capital, the music venue houses a robust line-up of A list and emerging live music and DJs, and acts as an intimate evening spot where people can gather amongst firepits and alongside the hotel’s rooftop urban farm. The striking greenhouse-like space features a race-and-gender-themed mosaic mural designed by local DC/Baltimore artist, Zoe Charlton.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under the guidance of F&B Manager, assist with managing the operation in Wild Days, upholding high standards, impeccable service and delivering a unique above and beyond mentality.
- Ensure service style and standards are met and guest expectations are exceeded.
- Identify customer needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns.
- Monitors guests and internal feedback and takes corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality product.
- In conjunction with F&B Manager, lead Wild Days team by training and appraising talented personnel.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments.
- Responsible for opening/ closing venue on scheduled shifts.
- Act as a liaison between the community and the operation.
- To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Comply with health, safety, and sanitation regulations, and alcohol awareness standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, staff and guests).
- Solution oriented
- Must have proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
- Must have a aptitude for guest relations.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Conflict resolution sensibility, both with staff and guest.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be able to speak, hear, understand, read, and write the English language.
- High school diploma.
- F&B experience (bar, club, restaurant, hotel)
- A general knowledge and understanding of the DMV current events, cultural and culinary happenings.
- Experience with inventory and ordering of restaurant goods.
- Tips Certified/ ABRA License
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.