- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Wolfgang Puck Group is currently seeking a qualified candidate for Pastry Cook position. We are looking for a candidate who is dedicated, focused and committed. You must have a positive attitude and want to work and learn in a professional, fast paced environment.
We offer competitive starting pay and full benefit package after 60 days of employment.
The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group has established our restaurants with the objectives of providing a unique cuisine paired with a special ambience in order to create a memorable fine dining experience for our guests. Our restaurants are part of our continuous effort to offer superlative quality and the highest level of gracious and courteous guest service. To perform successfully, our employees must not only have the qualifications and abilities to perform each of the essential functions of this position, but also must continually strive to meet or surpass The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group's objectives and exacting standards.
Job Summary:The Pastry Cook’s responsibilities are to plan, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry department to include, but not limited to pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items, in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications.
- Understand and maintain all standard pastry recipes.
- Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Responsible for production of sweet items, pastries, cakes, fruit compotes, breads, chocolates, etc. for all outlets as well as banquets and amenities.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all time.
- Assists in producing and plating pastries and desserts
- Inspects orders to ensure high quality and presentation
- Work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for pastry needs
- Prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through
- Produce creative and artistic food work
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Work cohesively with entire culinary staff as part of a team
- Maintain food preparation handling and correct storage standards
- Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Technical Culinary Program Degree with pastry emphasis
- Minimum 2 years pastry experience
- Demonstrate adequate pastry skills and operation
- Open availability - must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to perform in fast-paced environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Demonstrate ability to arithmetically convert recipe ingredients according to yield
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards
- Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries, rolls and/or other baked goods
- Interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.