- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The JDK Group Catering & Events is an award-winning event-planning company where clients, and their special life moments, come first. Our culinary team is top-notch and innovative, our specialists are passionate and detailed, and our service staff is efficient and determined. One of several specialties of our accredited team is in venue partnerships. There are exciting opportunities available for the right individuals at new properties opening in the Harrisburg/Lancaster regions.
As a Venue Manager, you must be experienced with all steps in touring and selling an event venue, conducting meetings with clients, menu development, and event planning & production. Experience with prospective wedding couples is essential and corporate experience is a plus. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while remaining as an exemplary hospitality professional is required.
JDK offers a 401k with up to a 4% match, paid vacations, benefits, and a company cell phone for our Venue Managers after successful completion of a designated introductory period and duration of employment.
Reports To: Director of Venue Marketing and Sales
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct tours, detail meetings, and planning meetings with all potential and booked clients
- Plan, design and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Manage consistent communication follow-up procedures with all event inquiries
- Communicate via in-person meetings and consistent email/phone messages with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop and provide solutions for any potential guest issues or client concerns
- Contribute to the success of the venue by ensuring successful events, satisfied guests, and consistent sales results
- Be a brand advocate and culture ambassador for the venue and company
- Direct coordinators and event team members through clear and detailed communication
- Conduct market research, gather information, and negotiate contracts with event vendors prior to closing any deals for event production
- Complete Event Feedback Forms after each event
- Notify management team of any equipment failures or items needed for replacement
- Maintain an updated vendor contact list and have thorough knowledge of vendor information in order to assist clients
- Attend weekly company wide sales meetings and all venue management meetings
- Assist with training of team members and vendors on event procedures and venue rules
- Solicit potential business from applicable markets using telephone/email/text messaging, advertising, and attendance at various association or organization functions
- Solicit repeat business from history files
- Will be required to perform other duties, as assigned, that are needed to meet the goals of the venue
- Exhibit strong interpersonal communication to both clients, vendors, and team members
- Possess strong leadership, management, and delegation skills
- Passion for Event Planning
- Proven event management experience presented through impressive portfolio of previously managed events
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Google Suite proficiency - primarily Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Voice
- 1-2 years of Food and Beverage experience
- 1-2 years of sales or marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Hospitality, Communications, Business, or related field or 3-5 years related experience
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently, 50 pounds on occasion
- Display a positive, upbeat, friendly, and professional demeanor
- Experience with catering software
- Familiarity of Event Venues in the area
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- Enjoy responsibility and leading a team of determined Event Coordinators and event staff
The JDK Group Catering and Events’ Values and Culture
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PA’s premier catering and event-planning company where clients, and their special life moments, come first. Since 1987, we’ve continued to reinvent the standards for events and hospitality for the areas surrounding Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. With over 25 years of event management experience and the ability to plan a celebration for 15 to 15,000 people, our talented and passionate team offers exceptional guest service, incredible fresh food, and innovative event design.
At JDK, we pride ourselves on being a passionate team. In fact, we’ve promoted 75% of our current team in-house. It’s why our customers expect nothing less than an amazing event from us. We set a very high standard for ourselves, and constantly innovate by embracing, not fearing, change.
So, if you’re interested in being part of our creative and diverse event-planning team, apply today!