Preschool Instructor - Dance/Gymnastics/Fitness/Music/Sports
- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time
Stretch-n-Grow SW Metro is looking to hire people with FUN & ENTHUSIASTIC attitudes and train them for the skills necessary to teach FITNESS & NUTRITION, DANCE, CHEER, SPORTS, or GYMNASTICS to preschool-aged children at childcare facilities.
Must be ENERGETIC , physically fit, RELIABLE , and ENJOY KIDS. All lessons, apparel, music, and equipment are provided as well as paid training and ongoing support. This position is a permanent part-time (6-8 hours per week) position. Classes are held on weekday mornings/afternoons.
If you are energetic, outgoing, and love to work with kids, than this IS the job for you!
- Practice the P’s: Plan, Prepare, be Prompt, Perform, and be PUMPED for EVERY class. This includes knowing your schedule and the age groups of your students and allowing ample time to arrive at the school 10 minutes early.
- Practice the E’s in every class: Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
- Be loud and engaging in class and make sure transitions between songs are smooth to keep the attention of your students.
- Follow lesson plans and make sure each class incorporates the components of fitness, nutrition, fundamental motor skills, and FUN!
- Incorporate the curriculum topic of the week into each class, go over the major muscle groups at the end of class, and use every opportunity to teach the students about healthy foods and good habits.
- Develop relationships with childcare office staff and teachers.
- Use positive reinforcement and redirection for discipline problems.
- Be able to change a routine quickly in case it is not working to keep the class flowing and fun.
- Assist in the creation/management/execution of 2 recitals per year per program (including day-of set-up and coordination).
- Assist in development and execution of summer dance/cheer/fitness camps
- Must be 18 years old and possess a high school diploma
- Must have reliable transportation with a valid drivers license
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be or become CPR & First Aid certified by the end of your training period
- Must pass Youth Fitness Certification exam (paid for and provided by SNG)
- Must commit to uphold your schedule for a school year
- Must live within close driving range to Carver County, Scott County, and the Cities of Eden Prairie and Bloomington