BAR MANAGER | PALIHOUSE MIAMI BEACH
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The Bar Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Greenbrier Swim and Social at Palihouse Miami Beach, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of beverage and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Bar Manager reports to the Director of Food and Beverage.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to):
- Oversees the function of all food and beverage in the hotel to ensure excellent customer service and maximize revenue and profits to support overall hotel operations.
- Consistently offers professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Ensures service standards are followed while actively supporting the entire restaurant team.
- Handles guest concerns and react quickly and professionally.
- Balances operational, administrative and Colleague needs.
- Maximizes revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices and promotions.
- Assists in managing the departmental budget.
- Manages all event inquiries and oversees bookings of Restaurant and Lobby.
- Handles contracts and financials for on site events.
- Staffs and oversees execution of on site events.
- Develops and implements cost-saving and profit-enhancing measures.
- Reviews, prepares, and updates forecasts as needed.
- Communicates with all departments to ensure that customer service needs and expectations are fulfilled.
- Works with the Director of Food & Beverage and the Group Executive Chef to develop and implement menus and makes recommendation on menu items.
- Assists with interviewing, selecting, training, counseling, disciplining and scheduling of all food & beverage team members.
- Works directly with staff to assure food and beverage quality, good service, and cleanliness are strictly adhered to.
- Ability to execute both opening and closing duties and maintain an efficient, effective, and prioritized work schedule.
- Maintain inventory and its protocols and systems.
Specific Administrative Functions:
- Scheduling of all F&B FOH staff (AM + PM).
- Send Weekly Email Reports to management and attend weekly management meetings.
- Send Weekly Email blasts to FOH staff and Chefs outlining any news or memos.
- Host FOH meeting every two months for AM + PM staff (Coordinate with Director of Food & Beverage and Group Executive Chef on agenda).
- Review, respond and distribute Restaurant Emails daily.
- Manage online reservations system and communicate Reservations (phone & email).
- Assist with FOH ordering – including Coffee/Tea, Ink, Paper, Supplies, and similar.
- Manage comps and discount, Manage service staff tip log, ADP Time clock, Cash Bank and Aireus POS.
- Assist with photos and content curation for Social Media.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Apps and other organizational computer tools.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Requires a flexible schedule for weekdays and weekends.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal preferred.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Current Servsafe Food Handler Certificate Required.
- Flexible schedule – must be available to work a variety of shifts.
- Perform job junctions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize, and follow up.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to carry up to 40lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand, and bend continuously.
- Education: High school certificate or equivalent. Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years senior management experience in overall Food & Beverage operation, including banquets experience. Culinary, sales and service background required
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.