- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation
· Manage lunch, dinner, and brunch services, ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Maintain active floor presence during service.
· Monitor staff to ensure the highest level of service, and make every attempt to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Encourage staff by constantly setting an example of positivity and professionalism.
· Ensure all opening side work, closing side work, and running side work jobs are completed.
· Constantly look for opportunities to coach and train staff.
· Monitor sales and labor numbers throughout the shift, always working towards achieving or exceeding target numbers.
· Assist in coordination of reservations and special events.
· Input notes into daily log
· Maintain open communications with management team to ensure issues and opportunities are resolved.
· Perform other operational/ management duties as required
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in a positive and constructive manner.
· Very strong service background.
· Understanding of various POS systems, inventory counts, par sheets, .
-Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions
· Must have proficient computer skills and be familiar with programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Sharepoint.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays. Must be able to be flexible as business indicates
· Fluency in Spanish a plus
Marabu by Chef Alberto Cabrera and V&E Restaurants is the newest addition to V&E’s Restaurant line up. With over 30 restaurants in Miami Beach, Las Vegas and Mexico this is the first Chef driven concept and a move into the casual fine dining arena for V&E. Marabu will bring the cuban table alive. A sharing concept in which Chef Cabrera has created a menu that is reflective of the countryside in Cuba. Here marabu charcoal is produced and cooked with, where the table is traditionally filled with “El Guajiros” daily harvest. The food at Marabu will be rooted in Cuba’s countryside and coast with an exploration into worldly flavors. The simplest preparations and the most carefully sourced ingredients will result in a cuisine that is rooted in tradition and executed with precision.
The design of the restaurant will focus on replicating the homes and lifestyle of the early 1900’s aristocrats in Havana, Cuba. An updated version of a classic bar in Havana will anchor the space. The bar will be serving an array of cocktails and punches carefully chosen from the extensive library of the Cuban cocktail culture and procured by our experienced barman. An outdoor pergola reflective of a farm in Cuba will create a lively atmosphere for a night of dining al fresco “entre familia”.
We are currently seeking to add talented Managers to our Marabu team. This position will take on a lot of responsibility; therefore, strong candidates will need to possess high-level management/ operational experience.