- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
A Server is responsible for serving our guests, our team and Not Your Average Joe’s with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day!
What you will do
- Makes food and drink recommendations to guests and answers all menu and service-related questions.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by checking in with each table regularly and anticipating guest needs.
- Properly rings in all items served to the guest.
- Assists other team members by answering questions, bringing refills, pre-bussing tables, running food, and otherwise helping out as needed to aid in the service of guests.
- Handles guests’ complaints by listening to their concerns, always informing a manager, and resolving issues PLUS ONE to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Monitors dining room tables to ensure they meet or exceed standards (e.g., proper table set up, polished silverware, swept floors underneath, etc.).
- Ability to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English.
- Must meet local, legal minimum age requirement to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Skill and coordination at using hands to write, pour and carry several drinks, plates, and bowls at the same time.
Perks and Benefits
- Supportive team environtment
- Generous tips from loyal customer base.
- Opportunity for growth.
- Schedules in advance.
Restaurants aren't meant to be average! Stephen Silverstein opened the first Not Your Average Joe’s in pursuit of the uncommon. In 1994, he worked to give his hometown of Dartmouth, Massachusetts a unique neighborhood place with great food and better company.
Today, we have 23 restaurants spread throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland. We’re building incredible spaces with every nail, and striving to be better with every opening. In doing this, we’ve created a culture where our people are our foundation – making the sky the limit where we go next.