- $10.50 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Bartending is one of the most enjoyable positions in a restaurant. The bartender is responsible for showing the guest a good time. A bartender's job consists of 90 percent personality and 10 percent mixing drinks. Bartending is a personality job. The bartender is responsible for mixing drinks properly and always being conscious of portion control. The bar can make or break a business. It is the responsibility of the bartender to see that the bar operates as profitably as possible.
• Establishes a professional, hospitable rapport with each guest.
• Maintains positive guest relations and exceeds guests' expectations by promoting and reinforcing The Melting Pot culture around the MVP card and The Perfect Night Out®.
• Adheres to and maintains company policies and standards, complying with uniform standards, appearance and grooming best practices and federal, state and local laws and guidelines concerning alcoholic beverages and food safety.
• Follows all service sequences, serving products according to standards and procedures, suggestively selling alcoholic beverage products and accounting for every product served.
• Performs as part of the team, executing opening, running and closing sidework assignments.
• Attends and participates in ongoing training sessions when provided, reads PreShift notes and attends PreShift meetings. Aware of the cost of supplies and executes proper operational procedures.
• To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform all job responsibilities. The items listed in the position profile are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Education & Experience
• High school graduate, with college course work or professional certification / education in restaurant or business / training field is highly desired and recommended. Food safety certification recommended.
The Server is responsible for providing the Perfect Night Out to every guest at every table. He/she must be a positive, consistent hospitality-oriented role model to other staff and guests.
• Promote and maintain positive guest relations.
• Adhere to and maintain company policies and standards.
• Suggestively sell wine and food products.
• Follow all service sequences. Serve products according to standards and procedures, including delivering the Perfect Night Out® which may include recognition and celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, holidays and other special occasions.
• Establish professional, hospitable rapport with each guest you serve.
• Comply with local alcoholic beverage laws.
• Comply with appearance and grooming standards.
• Account for every product served.
• Be aware of the cost of supplies and proper handling procedures.
• Always exceed guests expectations, making their evening extra special.
• Perform opening, running, and closing sidework assignments.
• Always perform as a team member. Abide by "the entire floor is your station" rule.
• Attend and participate in on-going training sessions. Read shift notes and attend shift meetings.
• Reports to work on time each day.
• Dresses according to company policy.
• Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all business matters pertaining to all areas of responsibility. Takes prompt action to resolve problems or barriers and suggest alternative solutions or actions when necessary.
• Performs all duties in a timely, effective, and proficient manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the expected results of the position responsibilities.
• Maintains favorable business relationships with peers, field staff, vendors, and other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
• Demonstrates effective project management, communication, and follow-up skills at all times.
• Performs other duties and special projects as required that affect the Melting Pot concept.
• Maintains strict confidentiality with information or knowledge considered sensitive or confidential in nature.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform all job responsibilities and accountabilities. The items listed in the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.